The always supportive and NEVER dull Kasia James– her wonderful blog is kasiajames.wordpress.com—has nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Kasia!
I’ve only been blogging for about three weeks, so I’m not familiar with blog awards protocols, but Kasia was supportive even in that! She provided the criteria for accepting the award, which I’ll also pass along:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along 15 or 20.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Number one’s taken care of, so I’ll jump right into number seven.
Seven things about myself
1. I used to train in Shaolin Kung Fu and Wing Chun. Plenty of awkward moments happened when I fought women and older men (they could all kick ass, but finding spots to hit was . . . complicated?).
2. I can hum a medley that includes all of John William’s soundtracks from E.T. to Superman to Harry Potter and anything in between.
3. I hate red berries or pretty much anything sweet that’s also the color red (watermelon, cherries, etc.). My older sisters tell me it’s because I ate a red, Hot Tamale candy (Mike & Ikes) when I was a toddler and it screwed me up. To this day I deny it.
4. I once tutored a college student who wrote a paper of legalizing marijuana, and for the entire 45 minutes, I could only say “mara-joo-wanna” in Mr. Mackey’s voice on South Park. Seriously, I had to apologize to the student because I couldn’t stop. Mmmkay?
5. I love dogs, so much so that I have no problem getting on all fours and playing with one even if I’m in a suit or in the middle of Times Square.
6. I always say that Orange is my favorite color when in fact it’s Blue. I’ve no idea why that is.
7. I cried my eyes out after the Cheers finale. I was freakin’ 10 years old. My mom had no idea what was wrong with me, and I couldn’t really explain through the sobs that I was going to miss Sam and the gang.
Finally, here are the bloggers who I’d like to nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award. Although fifteen or so choices is very generous, it was still difficult to narrow them down since I enjoy reading so many of your blogs! In no specific order, they are:
Thanks again to Kasia, and everyone should definitely check out the blogs above for great reads, laughs, and inspiration.
I’ll be sending out those awards