Guess what? I’ve been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award!
The name reminds me of Mortal Kombat’s replacement of C’s with K’s (or the Kremlin), and I kouldn’t feel more honored than to receive my nomination from Ms. Kasia James (her name really starts with a “K” by the way).
So, as part of my nomination for the Kreativ Blogger Award, I must share seven things about myself, and if you don’t share these seven things with seven people before seven A.M., absolutely nothing will happen.
1) The first book I ever wrote was a Legend of Zelda fan fiction. I was around eight, and I had no idea how weird fan fiction would get years later.
2) I used to have jet black hair, but it started turning partly reddish. I still can’t figure out how or why.
3) Supposedly, I was named after Michael Knight, David Hasselhoff’s character in the television show Knight Rider. Way to not give me the car along with the name, mom and dad.
4) I’m a mimic. I can pretty much replicate any sound that I hear, including instruments like harmonicas and trumpets. I really love recreating Ennio Morricone songs (The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly).
5) The only candy I enjoy is chocolate, caramel, or vanilla flavored.
6) During a Wing Chung Kung Fu class, I repeatedly stepped on a fellow student’s big toe, and I’m pretty sure I broke it.
7) I once uploaded a picture of my boss to the company’s Facebook page with the caption “surfing for porn” by mistake.
There you have it. You can never un-know what you’ve just read.
So who else do I konsider to be kreativ? I’ve got a long list of kreativ blogs in mind, but I’ll narrow it down to three:
1) Of kourse, I have to include one of my favorite blog destinations—Anna’s blog 27 in Twenty Twelve. It’s hilariously creative, and I get pretty sad when she doesn’t write anything for a while (this is my passive-aggressive way of telling her to post more!).
2) I also enjoy Misprinted Pages because Stephanie posts a variety of creative posts on different subjects ( I especially like Awesome Book Cover Fridays).
3) Finally, IMMAR ART posts some of the most creative and just plain beautiful art I’ve seen in a long time. He’s a very talented artist, and I’m always excited when he posts a new piece.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the creative blogs I frequently peruse; my list would be pretty unwieldy if I included everyone though.